BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS for La Maison de Lune
You must read and accept these terms and conditions by completing the online booking form or, alternatively, by downloading the booking form pdf and returning it to us by email or post with your signature.
– LETTINGS are provisional until confirmed in writing by the owners.
– LETTINGS are from Saturday (4.30 pm) to Saturday (10.00 am).
– PAYMENT to be made by Bank Transfer (details will be provided)
– PETS. Only by prior arrangement with the owners.
– SMOKING. There is a No Smoking policy in the House.
1. The Property. The Property known as La Maison de Lune (the ‘Property‘) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by
Sally & Peter Richardson (the ‘Owners‘) to the renter (the ‘Client‘).
2. The Reservation. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment
of the initial non- refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send
a receipt for the deposit confirming the rental period and date of final payment. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The Rent. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the
start of the rental period. We will send a reminder before the final payment is due. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner
reserves the right to give notice by e-mail that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent
unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within
eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Expenses. If the duration of the Reservation is greater than 7 days and the Client requires a change of bed linen or cleaning to be
undertaken a charge for this service will be made.
5. Security Deposit. A security deposit of £500.00 is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However,
the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client‘s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security
deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. Cancellation. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is
able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is
strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the
party‘s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner‘s insurance.
7. Rental Period. The rental period shall commence at 4.30pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall
not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the
8. Residents. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed 6 unless the Owner has given written permission.
9. The Client. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy
condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention
from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client
also agrees not to act in any way, which would cause disturbance to those, resident in neighbouring properties.
10. Equipment. The Client shall report to the Owner‘s without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant,
machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as
soon as possible.
11. Damages. The Client undertakes to inform the Owners of any missing or broken items or damage to the Property. The Client
undertakes to pay the Owners for any loss or damage.
12. The Owner. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to
the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. For any loss,
damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged
before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the
Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
13. Septic Tank. (Fosse Septic) The Property uses a septic tank for drainage. This is a very efficient system however it will clog if
improper materials are flushed. Please do NOT flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at
anytime and if it is found that this has occurred and the septic tank has been clogged the Client will be charged for damages arising.
14. Injury. The Owners do not accept liability for injury or death however caused as a result of the use of the swimming pool or any
other part of the Property. Children must be supervised at all times. Guests must also exercise care on the surrounding surfaces which
may be slippery when wet.
15. Liability. Under no circumstances shall the Owner‘s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental
period. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to
have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of
competent jurisdiction in England.
16. Acceptance. By completing the online booking form below you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and accept them without reservation.